OPHA is the state’s largest and most professionally diverse organization for those who work in, teach about, care about, or support public health. Your membership helps us keep fulfilling our mission! Join us and find out how membership also benefits you!
Read “Why I’m a Member“!
We have two types of membership:
- Individual Memberships: are available for working professionals, students, retirees and others. Benefits include:
- Networking: Get involved in sections, committees and leadership positions.
- Vote in elections.
- This Week’s Notes: Delivered to your inbox weekly, it’s chock full of news from other members, important dates, funding opportunities, and more!
- Professional Education: Professional education opportunities come through conferences, webinars and other meetings around specific topics.
- Advocacy: OPHA’s tag line is “the Voice for Public Health” and as a member you help us be that voice
- Discounted registration on OPHA events
- Organizational membership includes local health departments, hospitals, universities, non-profit organizations, and others.
- Organizational members identify a “point of contact” who receives the e-newsletter and can then share it with staff.
- Organizational member dues are based on the number of employees in the organization. Organizational members get one vote in elections.
- Benefits same as above and also include:
- You’ll receive a certificate of organizational membership, which some use to document their participation for accreditation purposes.
- All employees of an organizational member are eligible to receive a 10% discount on OPHA-sponsored conferences. Individual members who work for an organizational member get the 10% discount on top of their existing “member discount.”
We need to add your voice to our Voice! Join us in being the Voice for Public Health in Ohio!