Student Section Chair: Austin Hilt, NEOMED
Mission: The mission of the Student Section of the OPHA is to be a student-led statewide organization where students and professionals can work toward the common goals of enriching students’ educational experiences and professional development. This will be accomplished by providing resources and opportunities through advocacy, communication, and networking.
• Increase student representation in OPHA and involvement in its governance.
• Communicate professional development resources available to students.
• Facilitate networking between students and public health professionals.
• Encourage the exchange of ideas, information on student awards, and educational and
employment opportunities available to students.
• Facilitate leadership development among student members.
• Develop, promote and advocate public health policies and positions.
• Encourage student posters and presentations at the annual Ohio Public Health
Combined Conference, OPHA meetings, and other professional meetings.
• Facilitate communication between OPHA student section members by electronic
• Encourage joint publications and research projects with public health professionals.
• Recruit and retain student members from all geographic areas of the state of Ohio in
order to represent their diverse interests.