The mission of the Accreditation Section of OPHA is to assist local health departments in achieving and maintaining PHAB accreditation through networking and information sharing, continuing education, and by sharing resources and best practices.
• Providing a support network to assist all Ohio health departments in achieving and
• Identifying opportunities for improvement among health departments in the
• Embracing and integrating a culture of quality in order to provide efficient and effective
population health services.
• Identifying and providing online resources to support accreditation/reaccreditation.
• Anticipating future issues around accreditation/reaccreditation in order to develop viable
In 2017, the OSU College of Public Health’s, Center for Public Health Practice contracted with OPHA to initiate mechanisms to provide support for Local Health Departments (LHDs) in Ohio that are accredited and focusing on reaccreditation by the Public Health Accreditation Board. Out of this arrangement came the Accredited Community of Practice (ACP). The goal of the ACP is to support and sustain the ongoing needs of the LHDs seeking reaccreditation. ACP resides within OPHA’s Accreditation & Performance Improvement section.
Chair: Kelli Kincaid email@example.com
Vice-Chair: Laura Dietsch
Secretary: Ashley Steveley
Download the Section Guidelines: